NLNO SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
NLNO Scholarship Program will partner with local businesses and donors to financially assist students in their pursuit of higher education as they face the challenge of significantly rising costs of obtaining a college degree. We want to consider ways to position this very vulnerable population (young minority males) for educational success as early as possible in their educational careers. Only 12 percent of minority fourth grade boys are proficient in reading, compared to 38 percent of White boys. Only 12 percent of minority eighth grade boys are proficient in math, compared to 44 percent of White boys. By fourth grade, minority students may be three full years behind their peers. These awards will support those who excel academically, are leaders among their peers and are making a positive impact in their communities.
|2016/17 Application Schedule|
|Eligible Students||High School Seniors / B’ham Public Schools|
|Scholarship Awards||Five – $500 Awards|
|Application Period||February – May 2017|
|Application Submission Deadline||April 30 2017|
|Scholarship Recipients Announced||June 1 2017|
- Birmingham Public High School Senior who plans to enroll as a 1st year college student in a U.S. accredited 4-year college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking student in the Fall of 2017
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Minority Male (Black or Hispanic)
- Contestees must submit the form below to receive an NLNO Scholarship Application
- NLNO Scholarship Application must be completed and returned by email to email@example.com
- Official high school transcripts may be submitted via email or fax
You will be notified no later than May 15 2017 regarding the status of your application. The scholarship award can only be used to cover the cost of attending an accredited 4-year college/university. Submit request for application process below.